Sunday, July 26, 2009

Closing thoughts

Well, its about that time of night when I take a few moments to reflect on the day and give you all an update...I was typically blogging right after I crawled into bed around midnight-12:30 AM (the blog-post was time-stamped CST which made it look like 1:30 AM), which was after the youth went to bed and I was then able to shower myself and unwind a bit. But tonight I am home (still up just as late, this is normal for me!) and the youth are gone. It feels SO different tonight...

It was awesome to have such a big welcome back party waiting for us at IHM, thank you for being there! We unloaded quickly and everyone took off. I got into my own vehicle and drove away, just me, for the first time in 7 days! I felt like I didn't know what to do with only myself to worry about! All the emotions rushed in of what an amazing week it had been and that I was now alone and kinda missed all the chatter, laughter, chaos and fun that we'd had. I called Wes (husband) to let him know I was on my way home, and he asked, "are you crying? is everything OK?" I just laughed amidst a few tears while trying to explain everything I was feeling at that moment...

All there is to say is that this was an awesome group of kids. I know that you all know that already, but I got to experience each of their unique personalities, the dynamic of the whole group together, the challenges and accomplishments of the week, their friendship, their inquisitive minds, and to witness the growth that comes from all of these things.

A good friend of mine says that, "God always works both sides of the miracle," and that's truly what I've experienced this week. I went to "give" my time driving and chaperoning but I "received" far more in return. I was challenged and grew personally, spiritually by having the priviledge of being with your kids this week.

Thank You to all the families for the gift card - what a generous gift!

Your thoughts, prayers and praises from the week are greatly appreciated! I look forward to growing the relationships from this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home