1st day, check up!
Wow, what a day!
The youth all did an amazing job today with their work projects! Jessica, David, Andy, Kathleen and Katie painted a 2nd coat on a house that had been started last week.
Justine, Sarah, Sam B and Becca prepared a house and a shed for painting tomorrow - that means lots of elbow grease scraping off the old paint! Elli, Gillian, and Sam C put on kids club. The weather was cooler than usual, around 85 instead of 90+, which was much appreciated.
The days are very full of spiritual/thought provoking sessions, service projects, fun (planning skits, etc), and some site-seeing and cultural activities. The youth will definitely need a day or two to unwind when they get home. The days start at 7am and are done at 11pm, with hardly any downtime. They are all very close with each other and they are making new friends. I have enjoyed my time with them immensely so far and I may go through withdrawal when I get home - I have fun joining all the activities with them and stepping back into my "adult leader" role only as needed. I love the constant laughter!
The BIG SKY country of Montana is absolutely gorgeous. Tonight's activity was a trip to Willow Creek Dam - see pics.
Enjoy!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home